05.06.202X - 06.06.202X - Conspiracy theories

18:10 05/06/202X 22°C


Finally, a proper journal.
Not much to share, so far.


Cleaned up around the compound, planted a small patch of corn, moved 350 kilos of concrete sacks and plaster to a better storage spot and finally got Mish to relent with the whole Gorka combo she's been wearing for ages.


Told her to at least go wash herself if she wouldn't change into something lighter, since I could smell her across the room.


Cut her hair as well. Left it pretty much shoulder-length, tied it back in a ponytail, left the bangs on the side.

She also changed into some leggings and finally left that damn Gorka coat behind.

Practical in the Ural mountains, sure.
Practical in the Kentucky summer? 


Not really, especially since we mostly move by car.



She'd be looking pretty summery now, in her red "CREI" t-shirt and leggings, if it wasn't for the knee pads and headset and body armor and...



Yeah, you get the picture.

A bit unsure about the whole "CREI" acronym.
Mish mentioned something about a military academy so I'm guessing that's where that's from.




Evening now.
Heat's pretty unbearable, 25 degrees in the shade.
Mish wants to find another Alice pack. She's by Izzy's grave now, quietly reading stories to her.

I didn't want to interrupt, so I just sat down elsewhere. Pretended to check the sandbags by the fence.

Poor thing. To lose her sister like that...
They must have been REALLY close.

I can't speak Russian, just picking up a few odds and ends here, but if these stories turn out to be bedtime stories I think I'll break down.



Poor Mishka.
Poor Izzy.



Going to assume Jenny and Ems are KIA at this point as well, haven't heard anything from them in ages.
Need to build those cairns when I find the time.

Fort Rosewood crew presumed MIA.

Rufus, although he usually leaves for pretty long, hasn't called back on the walkie or the HAM.
He had a mask with him when he left, but still...

Rufus, presumed MIA.

Harris has been out of contact for a while as well.
Presumed MIA.

Jesus.




So what's our tally now?

Isobella "Izzy" Tippel. KIA
Pansy Conley. KIA
Tuuli. KIA

"Ems". MIA, presumed KIA
Jenny Davis. MIA, presumed KIA

Arnold Grossmann (axe guy). MIA
Erja (punk chick). MIA

Rufus Tripper. Presumed MIA
"Harris". Presumed MIA

 

More to come, I'm sure.


If there even are any survivors left anymore.


Maybe me and Mish are the only ones still alive.



I'd imagine Rufus and Harris both to be the types to pull through, no matter the situation, but...

Still worried.





It's night now.
Still hot as hell. 



Probably gonna head south for combat once it gets darker.

Also, Mish doesn't take well to teasing, I've noticed - gets flustered too easily.

We were clearing the dorms at point JONESTOWN and lost visual contact. I crouched down in the parking lot, asked her to give me her location over the walkie.
Heard a voice from the top floor of the dorms, Mish saying "I'm on top of you".

Pulled off my best flustered schoolgirl act, and I swear I could have heard the cursing from miles away.

Got a chuckle out of me, at least.

Gonna log off here for the moment, see where we end up.



-Sayori Takahashi

 

PS. Mish has taken to calling me "Sayoshka".
Not opposed to it at all.
She says it means "little sayo", or that "-shka" is a common diminutive in Russian.
I don't really care about what it means, but it's really nice to have a nickname.
Never had a nice nickname before this, just mean ones.

Feels nice.



UPDATE: Headed to Bedford.
Going to thin out the horde, dismantle some wrecks and see if we can eventually secure a driveable route to the military base.




10:20 06/06/202X 22°C - BEDFORD

 

Little combat, much disassembly.
Mish managed to clear the initial traffic jam at the entrance to the town while I was out scouting, and we cleared and looted some houses.

Nothing special, except for, well...



Found a house with a news van outside.
Nothing weird about that, but...

We broke into the trunk.
Satellite setup, military-grade two-way radio, the works.



The house it was parked outside of was weird, as well.

Either the people living there were, shall we say, "minimalists", or nobody actually lived there before the outbreak.

Seemed more like a safehouse.
Good visibility all around, blinds on every window.



Found a key on one of the rotters inside.

Normal house key, except it was marked "30900432".



Weird.



Mish thinks it's the FBI - I kind of have to agree.
This place isn't normal. This place wasn't normal, not even before the apocalypse.

But all of that brings to mind a few different questions...



How are the feds involved in all of this?

Did they know about the outbreak from before?
Did they start it and come here to monitor the effects?
Are they unrelated to the outbreak, but needed to witness if the nerve gas was working?
Are they even behind the nerve gas?



Is this all just a weird coincidence?



Gah, my head hurts, and it's not dehydration this time.



If Harris comes back I'm going to have a really fucking long chat with him.

Why he came to Kentucky.
What really happened in Tarkov.
What his role is in all of this.

He's beefy and looks like he could take me on pretty easily, but maybe Mish and I could get him subdued together.

I'd rather not do any lasting damage.



Mish is clearing out rotters as I write.
Think she dinged the Hummer with Izzy's old FAL, but I installed armor plating on it for a reason.

I think it's time to log off here. Still have a lot of work to do, and can't let Mishka hog all the glory.

Maybe it'll help me stop overthinking as well.



-Sayori Takahashi, conspiracy theorist




12:10

 

Cleared out a house northeast of point FED.
IRS agent in full tactical gear was banging on the door from the inside.

House barely looked lived in.

What the fuck went on in this town before March?

Entire place feels like a fucking psyop.




14:40 06/06/202X 24°C - FORT M

 

Whew.
Sorry if my handwriting's a bit... off, at the moment.
Possible hairline fractures in my fingers.

I put on some Eurobeat when driving home from Bedford and something just, well... clicked.

Set Mish to work unloading the gear after unpacking my bags, then took the CD out, ran all the way to the Datsun in the main compound, and just fucking GUNNED IT, swerving, drifting, singing along...

And crashing a lot.

Almost bit my tongue off when I slammed into a wrecked ambulance while singing "Gas Gas Gas", but it still feels like it was worth it.
Still feeling kinda giggly.

Engine's fucked now, though.
Won't budge.
No surprise, either, that thing looked like a crushed sardine can when I pulled into the compound again.

Now then, there's been constant warnings of a thunderstorm coming.
Predicted to occur on the 8th, as far as I know.

While I do love the rain, it still feels a bit ominous.
We've had reminders every single hour on the radio.

How bad is it gonna be?

I think Mish is gonna hack it just fine, but I'm worried about the solar panels.
Those things have been real lifesavers and I'd hate if anything happened to them. 



-Sayori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended Reading Order

31.3.202X - Escape From Rosewood

02.04.202X - Bastards